Pura Lempuyang, known as the Gates of Heaven, is one of the largest and most spectacular temples in Indonesia, with views you won't forget.
Lempuyang Temple Trip
We'll pick you up from your hotel at 7 am and head east towards the Karangasem region.
When we arrive, our guide will take you to see the Pura Lempuyang temple, dedicated to the God of Peace, where you'll have to go up its 1,700 steps to reach the famous Gates of Heaven. It'll be worth the climb, as you'll be rewarded with unforgettable views of Mount Agung, an active volcano and the highest point on the entire island of Bali.
Afterwards, we'll take you to Edelweiss Garden, a place where this famous flower is cultivated. You'll be amazed by the contrast of colours on a landscape full of flowers cultivated for Balinese ceremonies.
Then we'll continue our private trip with a visit to Tirta Gangga, the gardens of a former royal palace. Here you'll be able to enjoy a stroll along the paths or hop along the stones in the water. Tirta Gangga is a magical place to relax and admire the magnificent sculptures and fountains.
When you're ready, we'll get back in the tour vehicle and make our way to the hotel, arriving between 5 pm and 7 pm.
Please note that in August the trip to Pura Lempuyang will only be available in English.
The trip to Pura Lempuyang includes pick up from hotels in Seminyak, Legian, Kuta, Jimbaran, Sanur, Ubud, Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Dua. If you're staying outside these areas, you must indicate this when you book and we'll contact you to arrange a pick up time and place.
We recommend staying in Ubud or the surrounding area to reduce transfer times.
Tickets not included
Entrance fees to Pura Lempuyang are not included in the price of the tour. You must also pay the entrance fee to Tirta Gangga, which is about 3 dollars for adults and free for children.
In order to enter the temples, you must dress in traditional clothing, the sarong. You can buy it there or rent it for about 70 cents.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 5 people||Up to 10 people||Up to 15 people|
|Private English Language Tour||
Private English Language Tour
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 86
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 115
Up to 15 peopleUS$ 127
10 hours - 12 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned vehicle.
Bottle of water.
Entry fees to places visited.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).